For most men, they just purchase a pack of basic boxers or briefs for $10 or less and call it good. In general, underwear is not a tailored suit or a pair of shoes that people look at every day.
That kind of logic is understandable. However, there are numerous reasons to invest in quality underwear. This holds true especially if you like to hike or spend a lot of time in warmer weather.
In fact, when it comes to top performance, lightweight breathable gear is very important. Likewise, underwear designed for hot and humid climates is a lot more comfortable. As you know, comfort is paramount when it comes to spending time outdoors.
Underwear Designed for Hotter Weather
There is a huge difference between lower priced garments and quality underwear designed for hotter weather. Although the lower price may be appealing, low quality underwear will lack many features:
- Comfort – High performing underwear is well-designed for comfort. It generally prevents ride-up, is tagless, has a soft waistline and is not super constricting.
- Breathable – Well designed underwear for hot weather is breathable. It will have proper air exchange and ventilation.
- Moisture Wicking – Underwear that is composed with moisture wicking material will draw moisture such as sweat away from damp skin. It protects against irritation due to chaffing, stops jock itch and prevents you from getting overly hot or cold when the fabric is moist.
Three Basic Styles
Every man has their style when it comes to underwear. Although there are many types of designs, there basically three different styles; briefs, boxers and boxer briefs.
As well, each style has its own unique features. Likewise, there are many brands to choose from when searching for the ideal pair to fit your needs and individual tastes.
Here is the best men’s underwear designed for hot weather in each style:
ExOfficio Men’s Give-N-Go Boxer
The ExOfficio Men’s Give-N-Go Boxer is Made-to-Move. It is constructed with a lightweight diamond knit that conforms to the body as you stretch, making for an excellent fit.
These boxers are specially designed for backpackers, travelers and explorers with a busy schedule. Extremely long-lasting, breathable, odor-resistant and antimicrobial; they are a sure winner for unbelievable comfort.
Further, the Give-N-Go Boxers are extremely durable. When compared to other briefs with the same features, these boxers are half the price.
Likewise, they easily outlast and outperform the standard cotton brief undie.
- Breathable material that keeps you cool and comfy
- A Feel-Fresh brief with antimicrobial treatment to reduce odors
- Stretch to Fit design with a comfortable waistband for long lasting wear
- Depending on size, some feel crotch area is too big
- Best if hand-washed to keep waistband elastic in good shape
Compared to other boxers, the ExOfficio Men’s Give-N-Go Boxer is by far one of the best on the market. Constructed of 94% Nylon, 6% Lycra Spandex, the lightweight materials makes them the ideal brief for hot weather.
And with its antimicrobial treatment, odors such as sweat are drastically reduced when you are active. Moreover, you will always stay comfortable when on the move with the stretch to fit design and secure elastic waistband that doesn’t bind.
David Archy Men’s Micro Modal Briefs
The David Archy Men’s Micro Modal Briefs are fashioned with the athlete and outdoorsman and mind whose lifestyles are adventurous and active.
The briefs are composed of MicroModal fabric that is profoundly smooth, exclusively lightweight and forever breathable for hot and humid climates. With their silky silhouette and sexy low rise waistband, you are provided with both style and comfort.
For maximum freedom, the David Archy Men’s Micro Modal Briefs offer reinforced seams and a clever no-wedgie design that prevents uncomfortable circumstances. With a non-ride up wearing experience and a lightweight design, you will quickly forget that you have underwear on.
- Ergonomic front pouch that offers more space and eliminates constraints
- Made from breathable and luxurious fabric, perfect for hot and humid days
- Superior One-piece design for a clean slender look that prevents wedgie adjustments
- Sizes run a little small
- Pouch is slightly smaller than most briefs
The David Archy Men’s Micro Modal Low Rise Briefs are an outstanding option for hot weather underwear. The MicroModal fabric alone gives it the extra edge for keeping cool and comfy.
Although MicroModal material is categorized as synthetic, it’s actually made from the chips of Beachwood trees. And when compared to cotton; it is much smoother, stronger and better at moisture wicking.
To top it off, these briefs have durably made seams to support an active lifestyle. The David Archy Men’s Micro Modal Low Rise Briefs are the ultimate experience for outdoor comfort.
Cariloha Men’s Bamboo Underwear
Cariloha Men’s Bamboo Underwear is the ultimate Eco friendly underwear for men who want sustainability as well as comfort. These state-of-the-art boxer briefs are composed of an ultra-soft blend of viscose from bamboo and spandex.
The softness provides cheek-to-cheek luxury for impeccably fitting boxer briefs. The spandex offers flexible movement coupled with security.
Another outstanding feature of Cariloha boxer briefs includes a wider waistband for a snug fit and better support. As well, the underwear has been professionally tailored for extra coziness.
The boxers have a cover stitch that is sewn over the seam so that the seam lays flat. This remarkable feature makes it feel there is nothing there but softness.
You actually have support without the bulk substance.
- Tag-less waistband
- Lightweight and breathable fabric
- Natural softness to keep you comfortable
- Longer shelf life if hand washed
For hot weather, Cariloha Men’s Bamboo underwear easily surpasses non-bamboo brands with breathability and coolness.
In fact, Cariloha boxer briefs are 3 degrees cooler. With their thermal-regulating features that keep you dry and odor-resistant properties, you will stay cool and dry when temperatures rise.
It is the perfect boxer brief for summertime fun in the sun.