Don’t worry if you are in dire need of a new backpack and don’t have the time to research – we have done all of the work for you. So you are about to go trekking on a lovely outing with friends and your tried and trusted backpack calls it a day after four years. Below we have reviewed the three best backpacks for day hikes to make your life a little easier when panic buying a new one. No need for you to worry anymore – get your wallet ready and get shopping for one of the three best backpacks for day hikes.
Teton Sports Oasis 1100 2-Liter Hydration Backpack
Interested in finding out what one of the best day hike backpacks is? Then look no further than the Teton Sports Oasis 1100 2-liter Hydration bag. The 2-liter bladder that is included with this bag will provide more than enough room to cater for your water/hydration requirements.
With great strapping, this is an awesome pack to spend a day wearing; there will be no comfort issues whatsoever. Added to this, this is very much a lightweight bag weighing in at less than 1kg when unpacked. A wonderful trekking companion for you.
- Available in black, blue, bright green, green and orange
- 18-liter backpack
- 1100 cubic inches
- BPA free bladder comes as part of this particular rucksack. A twist lock sip tube is also included as well as a 2 inch opening for ice
- Strong and very adjustable strapping to ensure you are just as comfortable as you can be throughout the day
- Mesh layer allows for your body sweat to be released without damaging the contents of your backpack
- Modern cut to make it easily wearable by men, women and teenagers
- Complete with large pocket as well as five additional pockets – all with zippers – on the outside along with a further three slip pockets
- A cord to keep bike helmets attached to the backpack
- Special opening specifically for your jackets
- A waterproof cover also included to ensure your belongings do not get wet from the rain or snow
- Sturdy design allowing for all sorts of equipment to be stored inside
- The rucksack can fit all shapes and sizes because of the adjustable strapping which is pretty flexible
- The numerous compartments make it very easy for you to access all of your important bits and pieces quickly and efficiently
- No leakage through the twist lock sip tube
- The zippers on this bag are not the best in quality and have quite often broken within a few months of purchase
- There have been a few issues with the bladders not working after only a couple of uses and leaks where the bladder attaches to the bag
This is a great bag that will fit you whether you are an adult male or female or a teenager or child. The adjustable straps are a fabulous positive of this backpack. However, there have been many complaints about the bladder, which come with the backpack. If a bladder is imperative to you and your requirements then this may not be the best bag for you
A strong and easily adaptable bag that is very comfortable to wear however the bladder element of the backpack has proven to be problematic
Gregory Mountain Products Men’s Inertia 20-Liter Day Hiking Backpack
Want a very simple and clean backpack to hold all of your belongings on a day trek? Then you may well have just found it with the Gregory Mountain Products Men’s Inertia 20 Liter Day Hiking Backpack. This very simple yet effective bag will offer you everything you need for your outing.
Great padded strapping and a mesh lining between you and your backpack ensure only the utmost comfort for you no matter how long you are wearing it. The mesh pockets on the sides and front also give you the option to store your most important items such as water and protein bars for your trek, which are within easy reach.
- Available in black and orange
- 20 liters
- Weighs 1.41lbs when empty
- A dedicated hydration sleeve that includes a SpeedClip system and a 3 liter reservoir
- Mesh lining for ventilation between your body and the backpack
- Adjustable and padded strapping on both the shoulders and the hip strap
- Zippered large pocket
- A magnetic strap for one handed use when you need it
- Mesh pockets on both the front and on the sides
- This is a very clean backpack in that there are not lots of straps and pockets to get caught on trees etc. when you are trekking
- There is additional storage space with the three slips mesh pockets on the outside of the bag
- The mesh lining allows your back to be able to breath when you are wearing it all day
- There is a great system allowing for trekkers to attach and hold their trekking sticks on the outside of the backpack
- There are no zipped pockets on the outside of the bag for storage
- The hip straps aren’t particularly well padded
This is a very basic backpack that will certainly provide you with all of your needs for a day of trekking. The hydration system is backed by good technology and there is more than enough storage space for your water needs. There is a restricted amount of external pocket space i.e. there are no zip pockets at all, only slip ones. But all in all it is a good bag with good adjustable straps.
A very simple backpack with a hydration system that will do exactly as you need it to do for the trek. Maybe not the most conformable of backpacks with very little padding on the hip straps.
Osprey Packs Daylite Daypack
Are you looking for the ultimate lightweight in daypacks for a trek? Then you may well have reached the answer with the Osprey Packs Daylite Daypack. This small but very effective backpack has got everything covered in terms of requirements for a daypack plus a few other hidden extras too.
This bag is extremely flexible and can work on the flatlands as well as thousands of feet up in the air on a mountain. The great selection of external pockets means that everything is within easy reach of you when you are carrying the bag. It is also very well designed and can fit onto other Osprey bags so this could well be your perfect partner on your day trips.
- Available in nine different colors
- Nylon which means that the rucksack is strong and comes with its own waterproofing
- Mesh side pockets give you extra storage
- An added feature of a 20mm hip belt should you feel the need for it
- A very useful organizing unit in the front pocket which also offers key clips to hold a few more of your items
- An interior sleeve which can give you additional storage for a small laptop or can hold a hydration unit
- A mesh lining to allow your back to breathe when you are wearing the pack for any length of time
- Compatible to many of the other Osprey products in the rucksack range
- Getting into the large main compartment is very easy whether you are on the go or sat at camp – through a zippered panel
- The adjustable chest strap means that this backpack can fit all shapes and sizes
- A very lightweight bag which is in the main comfortable
- Works exceptionally well for cyclists and trekking alike
- The mesh lining is very effective
- The bag can be a little lopsided in terms of weight, especially when the front pocket is used extensively
- Some of the straps have proven to be more annoying than useful i.e. rubbing your neck
- In comparison to other day packs, this pack is pretty small and you cannot fit full size items inside such as a 13” laptop or a 16oz water bottle
Although this is a great little option for a daypack and fits nicely onto other Osprey bags in their range, this is a very small bag and will not necessarily fit everything you need for the day inside of it. It is a very flexible bag however and can be used in a variety of activities. There have also been a few issues with strapping rubbing and irritating those wearing the bag.
A very versatile small backpack that is very light to carry although some of the strapping may rub you particularly around the neck area.