Whether you are about to embark on your first camping expedition or are a seasoned camper, making sure that you choose the very best tent with a porch that matches your specific requirements is vitally important. There are so many tents available now that the range is limitless. Taking the time to review a tent with a porch before you purchase is crucial.
Wenzel 8 Person Klondike Tent
This is a great summer tent for a family or for friends and offers you plenty of space to not only sleep but store things. Lots of meshing means that there is good airflow around the tent throughout the day and night. The fact that there are two very distinct areas to this tent – the interior and the porch – enables you to have a living and sleeping quarter.
This tent is very easy to assemble and take down with good headroom in the main interior section. With a mesh roof you can also enjoy stargazing during those lovely warm summer nights. The Wenzel Klondike Tent is a good option for summer camping.
- Available in black and grey
- Space for 8 campers whether family or friends (five in the main interior with three more in the porch area)
- The large camping porch at the front offers great weather protection
- 1 door and 2 zippered mesh windows
- 90 sq. ft. floor area plus the screen porch
- Comes fitted with a rain fly
- Mesh roof allowing for great ventilation with a rear mesh vent to allow for further air flow
- Zip up walls on the porch space
- Head room of 6.5 feet leaving you room to stand up in the main tent
- Waterproofing of the whole tent through Weather Armor and all zips and seams also treated with water resistant coating
- Fiberglass frame
- Two hanging pockets inside
- Product dimensions are 192 x 132 x 78 inches
- Can easily be set up by one adult and broken down and very quickly put into the storage bag. However two adults putting the tent up would make the process a lot simpler
- Two queen-size air mattresses can fit into the interior area
- Very good instructions are provided with this tent to make life that little bit easier
- Great design giving you two definite living areas
- Once you have put on additional waterproofing, even in rainy conditions the tent will stay dry even in thunderstorms
- Can also withstand high winds up to around 30mph especially if you add extra lines to the corners
- Very spacious areas
- Mesh roof allows for wonderful views of the sky at night in the summer time
- Very well made tent perfect for the summer months
- Not a backpacking tent at all as it is too heavy
- Occasional reports have suggested that there may be a sag on one side of the tent
- The porch area of the tent is a few inches lower than the main interior room. This may be problematic for anyone 5ft 4 and over
- You do need to spray the whole tent and seams and zips with waterproofing to ensure it stays dry
- The screen front poles are pre bent and do have a tendency to break in adverse weather conditions
- It is not a freestanding tent and does need staking
A very spacious a well-designed tent offering you everything you could want for a summer tent. To ensure the tent is fully waterproof you will need to spray it yourself fully – including all zips and seams – before your first outing. All in a nice choice of tent with two good-sized rooms within it.
Although this is a wonderful warm-weather tent that can take moderate rain, it is not advisable that this tent is used in the cooler, wetter or windier months of the year.
Steel Creek Fast Pitch 6-Person Dome Tent with Screen Room
This very fast and easy-to-put-up tent is a great option for a camping trip. The screened porch ensures that all of the bugs remain outside and you have two good-sized areas to sleep and relax in. The color-coded poles are an excellent addition to this tent and make life so much easier when you are putting it up.
This is a durable tent that can see you through moderate rain and wind. There is also plenty of space for two queen-sized mattresses as well plenty of storage or room for your dogs. The reflective guy lines are also amazing for those late minute trips to the toilet.
- Available in one color only
- Front porch with screen
- All windows have awnings
- Reflective guy lines
- Made from durable fabric
- 10 x 9 ft. with 10 x 5 ft. screen room
- 5ft 8 inches high in the center of the tent
- Color coded poles to allow for a much faster assembly
- All of the seams and zips are weather resistant
- The floors are waterproofed
- The frame of the tent has been specifically engineered to withstand strong winds
- The screen room at the front offers you additional storage space, an eating area or a play area for the kids
- Very quick and easy to put up within a few minutes
- Can easily fit two queen-size mattresses inside
- The screen room can get very dirty with dirt and mud easily washing into it
- If you do want privacy then you will need to use the rainfly over the back window which can make the tent hot on warmer nights
- There have been examples of poles breaking with very little use
- The zippers on this tent are not the best in the world
A very quick and easy-to-assemble tent, which is great for first timers of camping. A good-sized tent which is quite spacious with good headroom in the interior tent. The zippers have been noted for not being the best so it may well be advisable to take additional tape with you just in case.
A simple and effective tent with good storage and very fast to assemble. However, there are a few structural concerns, which may make this tent a very specific summer-only tent
Coleman Cold Springs with Front Porch Dome Tent
One of the most waterproof dome tents you will find that works well in all weather conditions. A sturdy tent that remains upright in most of the worst conditions, this tent is both spacious and private when you need it to be.
With plenty of room for you and your equipment, this tent is ideal for a camping get away for you. A very simple tent that can be put up in a matter of minutes even when light is limited. A great purchase
- Available in one color scheme only
- Interior element sleeping up to four persons
- The roof of the porch is retractable and extendable
- Water resistance is 3% more than on the previous dome tents
- The guy lines are illuminated at night
- A fully moveable rainfly
- Dimensions are 192 x 84 x 50 inches
- The porch is a great addition to this tent offering lots of extra room for you
- Great for all weathers including snow – tried and tested
- Extremely waterproof
- Very spacious tent
- Extremely easy to put up and take down even in the dark
- Plenty of room for a full-sized blown-up mattress in the interior
- Two mesh pockets to store things
- The ventilation is not the best with this tent
- The corner tie down straps are not as effective as they could be
- The porch area is not very accommodating for anyone over 5ft 9
There are many positives with this tent including the excellent waterproofing and the ability for the tent to stand up to adverse weather conditions. It is durable and very spacious. However, if you are tall, the front porch will not suit you, and you will also need to consider the best way to ventilate the tent. Apart from that, this is a really good all weather tent that will keep you snug and warm in the worst conditions.
A great all-year-round tent that is easy to set up and extremely waterproof. Not ideal for the taller members of the family.